Monday, October 31, 2011

The Gift of Giving!


Let’s start with a big thank you to my very aware and cool neighbor, Rita. She brought me six arugula plants from her garden two lots away from my house. Rita is a German native who I now know doesn’t like horses but she noticed our garden. The gesture of contributing to our garden really means a lot to me. It was my first gift from someone else’s garden.

Sunday the girls and I (which means Allison as well, she is still a girl!), spent most all day in the garden. If you haven’t seen the video they put together then please check out. It is pretty funny but takes a couple minutes to watch. I thought Sunday was going to be a transition day but it turned out to be a day of picking a few hundred pounds of produce and not even getting close to planting new season veggies. We pulled over one hundred pounds of carrots. Come to BF tonight for the carrot soup feature – I had it and it was everything I hoped it would be. Chef John is very, very good.

In addition to our Carrot Soup feature at BeachFire, Farmer Allison put together an amazing vegetable soup for the family from all the fresh produce we pulled out!

Vegetable Soup ingredients.

The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment